You can wear your most beautiful dress and get a voguish hairdo done, but with crooked teeth, you still won’t feel like your best self. Crooked teeth not only spoil the aesthetics of our face but are bad news for our dental health. They can lead to tooth decay, plaque and various kinds of gum diseases. In a nutshell, you cannot leave crooked teeth as is. They need to be fixed for your own self.
However, fixing it comes with its own nightmares, especially when you are considering getting a braces treatment done. Even though there is no denying that a braces treatment is helpful, there are some things that you need to consider.
Image Source: Shutterstock
- They are a BIG NO from an Aesthetics Point of View:
Not all of us are afraid of heights, and not all of us are afraid of darkness. Some of us are afraid of the hideous metal wires that form the core of a braces treatment.
Therefore, if you are someone who values your face aesthetics more than anything, you might want to skip getting a braces treatment done.
- Braces Treatments are Longer in Duration:
Only if we could get your crooked teeth fixed in a matter of a month, sadly, it remains a dream for many.
Much to the disappointment of many, braces treatment can take years. An average braces treatment can last for 1.5 – 2 years to give you effective results.
So, the question is for you, are you willing to wait that long? Or do you want quicker results? The choice is yours.
- Braces Treatment is Painful:
One of the most frightening things about a braces treatment is that it is very painful. Consequently, most people leave the braces treatment in between.
Hence, if you are considering going for a braces treatment, think twice – would you be able to tolerate the pain that comes with it?
If not, you clearly need a painless alternative. (We’ll be telling you more about it in a while)
- A Braces Treatment Requires More Maintenance:
Frequent dental visits are a troublesome aspect of braces treatment. You might have to make multiple visits to the clinic to get your metal wires fixed if they get dislocated (which is pretty common in a braces treatment).
So, this one is for you to decide. Are you up for those frequent visits, or are you looking for a more convenient option?
- A Braces Treatment Comes with a Lot of Restrictions:
Did you know you cannot eat chocolates wearing braces? Yes, you heard that right. Now ask yourself, is a braces treatment even worth it when you have to give up on your favourite food items?
If your answer is a BIG NO, then you might have to consider other options.
So, what option do you have? toothsi aligners!
Long gone are the days when you had to rely on standard braces treatment with silver metal wires. Now, you have toothsi’s clear aligners at your rescue. As the name suggests, these are transparent braces. No one would even notice that you have put on aligners.
But this is not where these benefits end. There is a long list that you need to know about:
- toothsi aligners are painless. However, you might experience a little discomfort at the start. But this discomfort might fade away as your aligners adapt to your teeth.
- They are removable braces and require less maintenance. This means you do not have to think ten times before having your favourite food. You can simply remove your aligners before you eat your favourite food items. However, do ensure that you rinse your mouth well before putting on your aligners.
- They are effective and offer faster results. You don’t have to wait for years to see results. With toothsi aligners, results would be visible in a matter of months, depending on the condition of your teeth.
- They are super affordable.