Mathematics is demarcated as pure and applied maths. Pure mathematics is purely conceptual while applied mathematics refers to the part of the subject that finds its application in the everyday world. Geometry is an applied branch of mathematics. The basics of the subject relate to figures, shapes, angles, segments, etc. which find their way in the daily routine.
What is the meaning of the term- geometry?
The study or branch of mathematics that deals with various shapes, figures, and concepts and is the most important branch of mathematics is known as Geometry. The respective branch ideally teaches about the various transformations, congruent and similar figures, angles, sides, etc. The clarity on the topics of mid-point, lines, plane figure, three-dimensional figure, etc. can be availed only by studying the same.
Meaning of geometry: Derived from a Greek word where ‘geo’ stands for Earth and ‘metron’ is the measure. On the whole, the term geometry refers to the Earth’s measurement. Hence, every object that has its existence, has a geometrical shape. You could try to learn math at maths watch.
Even this branch of mathematics is further categorized under the following heads:
Branches of geometry
- Algebraic geometry explains the study of zeroes in the context of variable polynomials and all sorts of algebraic expressions and equations are studied under this sub-head.
- The Discrete geometric field relates to simpler concepts of the same. These may be like triangles, lines, circular figures, etc.
- The Euclidean plane stands next in the row and deals with theorems and axioms and their proofs and application. This is rather a wider branch of geometry that even finds its application in computer technology as well as modern and standard mathematics.
- Differential and calculus are the basic algebraic-geometric concepts and relates to the relativity of physics.
- Convex shapes find their utility in the above-mentioned Euclidean plane. It is supportive of functional analysis and optimization of number theory.
- Mapping and topology go well with the properties of space and continuity.
The important formulas and relations of the same
Geometry is the study of shapes and figures and can be applied to the world when one wishes to find out the areas, volumes, dimensions, surface area, and perimeter of various geometric shapes or fields and plots, etc. The calculations of the same using the geometrical formulas are simple, easy, and accurate. The different formulas can be downloaded from the Cuemath website. The geometric configuration and measures of various shapes and sizes support various professions and industries.
As with most of the other concepts of the respective branch of mathematics the topics of point, horizontal line, vertical line, and angles in plane geometry are very important and clearly explained by Cuemath on their website.
The topic line in geometry can be defined as the infinite points connected by a straight line that doesn’t have any thickness. The vertical line is the y-axis and the horizontal line is the x-axis. The appropriate application of the same makes it easy to understand and apply whenever required. The various relationships of different theorems and axioms form an important part of the same.