“My morning is incomplete without a cup of coffee.” you usually listen to this sentence from friends and family members. Even you are one of them, and probably you cannot do anything without a strong espresso shot. But purchasing an espresso shot every day is costly, and you don’t have the best espresso machine at home.
So, then don’t you deserve an espresso shot in the morning? There is nothing like that; you can make a perfect espresso shot at home without a machine.
We’ll explain how you can make an espresso shot at home without a machine by using three methods.
Three methods for Making espresso Without a machine
There are three methods to make espresso shots at home without a machine.
- Moka pot method
- Aeropress method
- French press method
Moka pot Method
The Moka pot method is famous worldwide, and it’s closely similar to the original taste. Moka pot adds water pressure and steam to make a tasty espresso shot without a machine.
What things you need?
These are supplies of it.
- A Moka pot
- Espresso beans
- Burr grinder
- A stove
We know that you are eager to know how to make an espresso shot with the Moka pot method, so let’s start.
- First of all, pour the cold water into the lower chamber of the Moka pot.
- Measure out your pre-ground coffee or grind coffee beans in fine consistency. Ensure that you have enough ground coffee to fill out the Moka pot filter.
- Add your ground coffee into the filter and clean excess coffee ground from the edge of the filter.
- Attach the upper chamber into the lower chamber.
- Put the Moka pot on the stove and heat it but ensure to increase the heat slowly.
- Let the water boil into the Moka pot until the gurgling sound starts coming out. It’s a sign that water is coming up in the form of steam.
- Now, it’s time to check out the foam that coffee is ready or not, so use a spoon to lid up the Moka pot, but be careful about steam can be harmful to you.
- When the foam comes out of the funnel spout, it’s mean that the espresso shot is ready. Now pour the espresso into the cup and enjoy your coffee.
Aeropress is another way to make an espresso shot without the best espresso machine, but its taste is the same as coffee with making an espresso machine. In the process, you need two filters, but if you didn’t get filters with Aeropress, you need to buy a pack of them.
What things you need?
The things you need in this process are mentioned below.
- An Aeropress
- Two filters
- A kettle
- A grinder or fine ground coffee
- A mug
- Scale or a teaspoon for measuring coffee
Now let’s start the process of Aeropress.
- Wash out the Aeropress filter and set it on the filter cap.
- Set the Aeropress plunger inside the main chamber.
- Heat one cup of water (two ounces) in a kettle, ensure that the last temperature is 200 Fahrenheit, or you can experiment time by the time between 185 and 205 Fahrenheit.
- Now grind your coffee beans with the grinder and bring them in fine condition. You need two tablespoons of ground coffee.
- Put the ground into the chamber and check the water temperature is suitable for the espresso.
- Now slowly add the water into the Aeropress.
- Now spin the Aeropress for some seconds so that water and ground can be a blend.
- Fix the filter cap and place the mug beneath of Aeropress
- Then start plunging the espresso along with the filter rapidly.
- Your espresso shot is ready; enjoy your coffee with the beautiful morning.
French press Method
French press method is another popular method to make espresso without a machine. We don’t recommend this method if you are a strong coffee lover, but if you don’t mind with less intensity even you like this, then this method is precisely for you.
What things you need?
These are supplies that help you in this method.
- A French press
- Dark roast coffee beans
- A burr coffee grinder
After getting supplies, you need to prepare them, so let’s start.
- Grind your coffee beans in your burr grinder but ensure to grind it in fine consistency.
- Then heat the water in your kettle.
- Put two tablespoons of coffee in the glass cylinder.
- You can check the temperature of the water with a thermometer that it’s 200 Fahrenheit or not.
- Pour hot water in small quantities into the coffee grounds in the French press to start blooming. In blooming grounds will release their oil to increase flavor.
- After 30 to 40 seconds, add the rest of the hot water.
- Fix the French press lid on the cylinder with the plunger.
- Now let your espresso steep for 5 to 6 minutes for solid espresso.
- Press the plunger down slowly on your French press, then even pressure. After pushing the plunger halfway down the cylinder and pull it to the top, and raise the plunger all the way bottom to finish.
- Now put your espresso shot into the cup and enjoy it.
See how it’s easy to make an espresso shot at home without the best espresso machine. You have three methods now, so choose the method which suits you and bring the aroma of an espresso shot in the mornings.