If you plan a tourist visit to America, one of the most amazing places to tour is the Glacier Bay national park. This park is better experienced than being a narration of how attractive and breath-taking Glacier Bay national park is. It is located in Alaska, and it covers about 3.3 million acres of icy wilderness. This park has many fascinating sides like a lofty mountain, marine wildlife, ice-sculptured fjords, tidewater glaciers, and lots more. The park is a must-visit for the adventurist. The Glacier Bay national park is a world heritage site and has been so since 1992.
Glacier Bay activities
Visiting Glacier Bay, there are lots of adventurous activities that visitors can embark on. All these activities should not be missed on your adventure across the park. To get to the park, most of the visitors choose to go along the cruise ship and view the village of Gustavus or the park headquarters of Bartlett Cove. Nearly most of all the activities to be enjoyed are focused on water. For best boat maker visit: kinocean.com. The most popular options are glacier viewing, river rafting, boat tours, kayaking, fishing, and whale watching. Apart from all this, you can take an adventure to other places such as
- Exploring Bartlett cove
- Glacier Bay by boat
- Adventures through the wilderness
- Glacier Bay preserve
- Exploring Bartlett cove: in Glacier Bay national park, the most developed aspect is Bartlett Cove. In Bartlett Cove, there is a hotel or lodge where visitors can remain for the tour duration. There is also an information station for visitors, a public dock, kayak rentals, exhibits, and several trails are located in Bartlett Cove. Visitors will be attended to by the park rangers that will guide them on various activities. From this area, cruise ships can be boarded for the exploration of the Glacier Bay national park.
- Glacier Bay by boat: Glacier Bay can be explored on a cruise ship with other visitors. One can also decide to take the adventure alone through a single kayak or boat.
- Adventures through the wilderness: Glacier Bay is more of water; it is also a wilderness. In the wilderness of Glacier Bay, you can embark on camping, hiking, kayaking, and mountaineering. All these adventures are highly remarkable, and fun filled.
- Glacier Bay preserve there is a national preserve found along the northwest of the park. Here, you can engage in hunting, trapping, fishing (both commercial and fun)
- Sightseeing: there are wonderful places in Glacier Bay that can be visited by those that love sightseeing. Places that can be visited for sightseeing are:
All these sightseeing areas are free to be visited for all visitors embarking on the Glacier Bay national park tour.
ESTA for international visitors
To be among the visitors to Glacier Bay national park, you can use the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) application. This allows all visitors and tourists to embark on a journey for three months or less. The country you will be traveling to must be under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) list to be eligible for this. To process this application, you will need to go through the online esta portal; the process is simple, and you can easily do it yourself.
After applying, submit your application on the website and keep the application number given to you. Make the necessary payment which is assigned to the processing. All this must be done three days before you embark on your trip. Once you are done, you can check esta status to know if your application has been approved or not. The approval of ESTA always takes seventy-two hours maximum. For the approved ESTA, it can be used for two years. After two years, you should apply for a new application and get approval.
Glacier Bay kayaking trip
Kayaking in Glacier Bay is an incredible and adventurous tour to be experienced. The trip through the wilderness and serene Glacier Bay Sea kayaking can be commenced from the Bartlett Cove through the rented kayak. This trip can be guided or unguided depending on how the kayaker wants it. The kayaker can use the drop-off service to enjoy the fun-filled adventure to the iconic tidewater of the glacier. The trip can be for a day or a night. To be part of the kayaking adventure, advanced reservations should be made not to miss out on this.
Best time to see whales in Glacier Bay
Seeing the whales in Glacier Bay is an experience that so many visitors can never forget in a short time. The whales are huge, and they have humpback. They are above 40- 50 feet in length and weigh about 36,000kg. The whales can best be seen during the calm weather in the Bay from June to the early days of September.