Bringing our dream home to life requires a lot of effort. The architecture industry has developed extensively alongside the technologies. The ancient architecture involved styles like Mughal, Corinthian, Doric, Neolithic, Islamic, and so on. Modern architecture in this generation uses technologies that adapt minimalistic and functional styles.
People enhance the aesthetics of the houses by adding relishing decorative elements. The interior and exterior can be designed according to the preferences of the owners. Decorative elements like glasses, coloured concrete, exposed aggregate concrete are used to uplift the look of the house. This concrete can be used in walls, driveways, floors, pools, and others. The finishing of these concrete gives a naturalistic look.
DECORATIVE CONCRETE AND ITS ADVANTAGES:
This concrete has expanded the designing boundaries of the architects. It has led to the astounding development of designs which leaves everybody’s mind blown away. There are different types of concrete, namely polished, coloured, and exposed concrete. These ideas were acquired from the Byzantine empire, Greek and Roman civilizations. Designing with these concrete adds value to money and also provides a keen fancy outlook.
HONED AND POLISHED CONCRETE – This type of concrete gives a matte finish. The concrete is honed to achieve a smooth surface. Further, polishing the concrete with abrasives makes it lustrous and shining. It gives a non-slippery finish which makes it a perfect fit for outdoors. A honed surface will have a matte finish that appears to be translucent. It doesn’t reflect light or glimmers. The polished concrete reflects light and offers a mirror-like finish. These can be mostly witnessed in commercial spaces like hotels, Malls, and stores.
COLORED CONCRETE – For people who love to experiment with colours would love this concept of coloured concrete. The colour choices are quite prolific. Most people prefer earthy shades which will match the environment around them. Using colours in the driveways, pool areas, and terrace will make it interesting. Different colours symbolize different emotions or feelings. Such a colourful environment would be soothing to people’s eyes as well as their minds. This coloured concrete prevents the surface from cracking and makes cleaning easier. Modern designs, patterns, and natural ambiences can be created with this coloured concrete.
EXPOSED CONCRETE: The exposed aggregate concrete is eco-friendly and is cost-effective. It is highly reliable and can be customized accordingly to the house designs. The texture looks like colourful grains of gravel or stones embedded in the concrete. It has numerous variations and designs which can create an enticing aesthetics. It can transform exterior fairness incredibly. The colour and texture choices are huge and fascinating. The impression of this concrete on the driveway, pool area, or parking complements the exterior design of the house. It is sturdy and also can withstand varying climatic conditions.
EXTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS:
In this modern world, people research and gather information before starting something. The accessibility is at ease, which helps people to figure out their liking and interests. Some of the designing trends are listed below.
- The use of earthly tones in the exteriors is extremely head-turning.
- Matte finishes or applying black colour paints to the exterior is trending. Black always stands tall to other colours.
- People are welcoming design patterns with textures and patterns.
- People have started using durable concrete to explore various designs and enhance the exterior look.
- The use of glasses in balconies, windows gives a royal and classy look.
- Designing the house with huge living spaces outdoors elevates the aesthetics of the house.
- People like subtle exteriors with the use of colours from the same family.
- Designing the house with roof dimensions for projections.
- The use of iron handles and fixings to give a raw look.
- People are investing in grey colour widely.
- Consider custom house number stickers that would complement the style and color of the exterior concrete or paint.