With the Oscars coming up this evening, I got to contemplating the huge scorns in the last 30+ years and how Pam Grier was denied a selection for Jackie Brown. That drove me down a psychological dark hole and made me ask Yourself, “Who else ought to have been assigned?!” After scouring our minds for totally pointless information we reached a straightforward resolution: the Academy ought to begin giving out an exceptional honor for past work that was unnoticed.
Sounds wild, isn’t that so?
Listen to me.
Now and again the Academy misses the point. Now and again entertainers make us… snicker… and we know how the Academy for the most part feels about that. Or then again in some cases they missed an exhibition of the year? Or on the other hand a studio didn’t waste any time trying to pay off everybody in the perfect manner. There are many variables affecting everything here except THE basic truth is SOMETIMES they miss. We trust now is the right time to change that. We want to right a few wrongs!
What Are Some Of The Biggest Oscar SNUBS In History? Alright, alright… perhaps not an honor but rather like a retroactive selection? It’s a wild thought however damn these exhibitions rock!
Coming up next is a rundown of entertainers who merit acknowledgment for their amazing work.
Our Top 25 (in no genuine request) Should-Have-Been-Nominated Performances are:
- Nathan Lane – The Birdcage
- Tom Cruise – Vanilla Sky
- Billy Crudup – Almost Famous
- Emily Blunt – A Quiet Place
- Eddie Murphy – The Nutty Professor
- Pam Grier – Jackie Brown
- AOur Adams – Arrival
- Johnny Depp – Black Mass
- Jim Carrey – Man on the Moon
- Chevy Chase – Christmas Vacation
- Michelle Williams – Shutter Island
- Allison Janney – American Beauty
- Taraji P. Henson – Hustle and Flow
- Delroy Lindo – Da 5 Bloods
- Angela Bassett – Waiting to Exhale
- Charge Murray – Groundhog’s Day
- Michael Keaton – The Founder
- Jeff Daniels – Squid and the Whale
- Cameron Diaz – Vanilla Sky
- David Oyelowo – Selma
- Tom Cruise – Tropic Thunder
- Johnny Depp – Blow
- Steve Buscemi – Fargo
- Laura Linney – The Truman Show
- Eddie Murphy – Dolemite is Our Name
What Are Some Of The Biggest Oscar SNUBS In History? What is a portion of yours?