Accidents are common on a construction site. If you are in charge, then you might have faced a lot of financial and medical issues. Under such situations, you might be thinking of hiring a lawyer. It’s always better to have a construction accident attorney.
Baumgartner Law Firm has award-winning lawyers at our service. Their team of Houston construction accident lawyer is the best choice for you. They know very well how to address a case involving accidents that occur in a construction site. You can visit their website or their firm to go through the options and hire one for your service.
Why Hire a Construction Site Accident Attorney?
An experienced attorney will help you in filing a civil suit. They will know the legal theories and claims for the workers’ compensation. They will even help you by reducing the hassle and the paperwork and thereby helping you to recover loss that occurred at the time of the accident.
Having an attorney helps you to understand the difference between a resolved case and losing money due to accidental injuries. They will also help you to come out of a case that is caused by wrongful death. It’s always better to have an attorney early because they will help you to avoid costly mistakes.
What Workers Should Understand?
- A worker who is injured should also contact a lawyer within one or two weeks of his injury.
- They should not sign any settlement offer from any insurance company without consulting their attorney. It may not be in their best interests.
- They need to be very sure about the questions they ask a construction accident lawyer. Most of the attorneys provide short and free consultations to understand whether they can take up the case.
- Before the victim speaks to the construction accident lawyer, they should know all the facts and information about the accident, injuries, and the financial losses that occurred at that time.
- They should be able to take all the documents like paper works, employment contracts, medical records, any pictures of your injuries, a record of days absent from work, etc. It will give a clear picture of the incident to the lawyer and will also help the lawyer to take the first step in the case.
You should hire a construction accident attorney who knows relevant national and state workplace safety, negligence, transportation, product liability laws, health care companies, insurance, etc. They should know how to prepare and settle a case effectively and also to deal with the compensation of workers.
While hiring construction accident lawyers, you should ask the following questions.
- Since when are they practicing law?
- How many construction accidents cases did they handle?
- How many such cases have they settled?
- Have they gone through litigation?
- What’s the cost for setting up cases like yours?
Ask your attorney whether you have to pay out of your pocket. If so, then how much is the fee? Make sure to apply for a claim in the civil court if the damages are caused by the negligence of a third party. Whatever is the reason for your claim, it’s better to consult a construction accident lawyer before moving forward. Better safe than sorry!